colochris

Jul 24, 2003
Just wondering if anyone knows who I can contact about re-jetting my 97 rm 125 for colorado altitude??? Last week I went to ride my bike at a trail and pushed my bike farther than I rode it. The carb is clean, but my spark plug is ssssooo wet it is amazing I just kick it once and it is flooded. I use a 32:1 mix but maybe thats too much?? Or maybe its the oil that I am using. I use Yamalube and do not know if that is good to use. Anyways I am looking to find the jet pins and just do not know how to figure out what I need. Any help would be great

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by colochris
I use a 32:1 mix but maybe thats too much?? Or maybe its the oil that I am using. I use Yamalube and do not know if that is good to use.

Your premix ratio and oil selection should work just fine. The key is to keep the gas (pump/race?), oil, and mix ratio consistent. Before swaping out jets do three things: (1)Clean all jets, passageways and parts. (2)While you have the jets out take notes of what you have in there. (3)While reassembling your carb set the float level to factory specs (check the manual or call your local dealer). Now you'll be ready to make consistent jetting changes.

It will also help if you could list your current jetting specs, your altitude in CO and how the bike ran, i.e. ran flat on top, bogged on bottom, etc.

Good luck.

colochris

Jul 24, 2003
Well my air filter is brand new, and my I have taken apart my carb and found 2 jets one that say 42 and one that say 165. I have yet to find the one that you are supposed to move the clip?? Anyways what seems to be wierd is that It seems like the bike is getting too much gas or something because my silencer just leaks out the gas and or oil all over my rear sprocket. There is a guy at the race track that does jetting for 60.00 but I don't know if that seems steep?? Well any ideas would be great

Top Bottom