vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
Need some advice from anybody living in the Gunnison Basin /Silverton areas of Colorado. We have a group going out over Labor Day and I wondered how you guys have your bikes jetted for that altitude. My KDX is a 2001 model. I've got it bullet proofed for the rocks and as ready as I can get. We went out there several years ago and rode from Buena Vista over Cottonwood Pass into Taylor Park and had a blast. I had a DRZ then, but my KDX ought to be lots more fun! Thanks for any advice. Vito

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Is it stock or piped? 200 or 220 ? Stock 220 [above 10,000'] 132 main, needle 1st or 2nd clip, 38 pilot. Piped 220s a bit richer[I run a 138 main] A stock 220 will be ok but down on power above 10k. Gnarly rev pipe really helps BUT then 220s will boil over severly. You ABSOLUTELY MUST use Evans NGP+ in Colorado's thin dry air to prevent this overheating.

vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
More info

Rob, sorry for lack of bike info. I have a bone stock 200. It's my fifth KDX and the only one that I haven't modified at all. I guess I've gotten old enough to where stock is plenty good enough! Besides, it's really hard to dent that pipe! I do have an auto clutch. Like I said, I'm older now and I need the help! Thanks, Vito

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I suggest a 38 pilot and 150 main for your 200. Needle in the second from the top clip position. You will be amazed at how far down on power you will be. I have had no problems with the 200 overheating in the altitude, just me! Enjoy your trip--Cheers John

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom