Complete wheelsets... Whats available?

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
My 2005 YZ 125 is sitting in the shop now. After a season of Racing my KX 85 I have decided for the big bike I dont want to change tires twice a week I want to put my race tires on some race wheels and leave them there for 3 or 4 races and keep my practice tires on my stock wheels and just change the wheels back and forth. Oh and I have also bent spokes in the front and rear rim, bent the rear rim and cracked the front rim on my kx 85 and that is with all of my spokes torqued properly before every ride. So I think that justifies going for a beefier than stock wheelset.

What is available for Complete Wheels assemblies as far as brands? I know about Excel and have looked at them, however I know there is other brands I just cant remember there names and cant find them searching.

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Your best and cheapest solution would be to find some stockers someone is selling on that dreaded auction site. I thought about doing the same for my son this year but when I figured out the cost of the entire set up for his RM I quickly reconsidered and changed the tires twice a week.

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
Yeah I definitly wouldnt consider it if my sponsor (local dealer)
wasnt paying 50% of anything I get this year for parts, gear and accessories. It is my first year being sponsored (2005) so I cant help myself I gotta splurge a little. :yeehaw:

Plus I cant stop pinching tubes I suck at changing tires. (yeah I already got Heavy Duty tubes still pinch em) :(

Isnt there also a Pro Series or Pro wheel or something brand out there? It seems to me there was some brand that made stuff just as high quality as Excel but cheaper.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If a local dealer is going to sponsor you it is most likely you'll be limited to dealing with the "usual" distributors in Canada. In most likelyhood your most readily available through Kimpex, PartsCanada and Steen Hansen will be Excel wheelsets. The new excel sets with the changeable carriers that allow the wheels to be used on any type bike are pretty sweet.

At 50% you best treat that dealer well as that is a very good deal for a local racer, around my parts anyway.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom