Feb 25, 2001
I overjumped the finish line jump on Saturday during practice by about 15 feet flatlanding it.....I did all I could in the air I made sure my front end was higher by atleast a foot in the air than the rear wheel and right before landing I pegged the throttle and took my fingers off the clutch to hold onto the bars better for a rough ride! Anywho I was seing stars after landing no horrific pains until I got off the track my hips were tingling and my knees....then about 10 minutes after being off the track a horrific back and neck pain started....Anyway what types of things can I do for a compressed neck and spine. Its the next day (sunday) and I had a hard time getting out of bed I cant move my neck and I cant bend over due to my back I feel like someone needs to stretch my neck kinda of a stiff neck feeling very stuffy. Should I see a doctor ? Should I just take it easy ? How serious of a injury could this be ? :whiner:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
See the Doc. And it could have the potential to be very serious.

Phillip

ktmrandy

Apr 4, 2002
I had neck pains after getting a concussion from having a horse fall on me then getting rear ended twice in one month. I got xrays and all that stuff and most of the pain went away after a month, but my neck was still stiff. I went to one of those full body massage places and toward the end the lady pulled on my head and I think my neck stretched 1/2 inch. This got rid of the stiffness and the rest of the pain. Now I get a massage once a year. My neck gets compressed from hitting tree branches or landing hard off of jumps and the massages relaxes the muscles and puts my neck back to where it should be.

jaliveto

Apr 5, 2002
Go to the doctor- You could have broken your neck or back. Breaking a vertebrea in your spine is not what your think. It's much different than breaking any other bone. I broke 4 vertebrea in my neck and once I woke up(concussion) in the hospital I could actually stand up. However, one wrong move in turning my neck would have resulted in Paralysis or death. Nothing to mess around with. Get a Cat scan.

Feb 25, 2001
I dont think it could be a broken neck or back because at this point the pain has gone away I only have 25% of the pain. Is a broken bone still possible ? not likely I have been able to move my neck as normal without any type of tingling or severe discomfort. Althoough a day or so following the crash I would have agreed with you and been on my way to the hospital but since the crash has been 4 days ago it is hearing at a quick rate. Thanx for your help guys.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Lee, I know you were complaining about landing hard, but I didn't know it got that bad... Man, I hope your feeling better. I'm glad you didn't try racing on Sunday, you would have probably really regretted it. A visit to a doc or a chiropractor might help. It sounds like you did all the right things when you landed. Laying down and getting some rest will definately be in order. Keep us up to date on how you're doing.

Mike

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
You could have a compression fracture of your vertebrae. This is a very serious injury and if not properly supported during the healing process you could end up having permanent damage and/or pain. Surgery to repair this damage is only about 40% effective. I had a compression fracture of the T-10, T-11, T-12 and L-1 vertebrae (middle and lower back). I wore a brace for six months and the entire healing process took over a year.

Jan 10, 2022
I'm 10 years old I own a Yamaha-ttr 90 I jumped it high one day but also popped a wheelie and fell off. do I have a sore neck from falling off or jumping?

YamahaJumper2011

Top Bottom