clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
I just did a search on the compression adjustment for the forks on a 97 kdx 200. I couldn't find anything about it. My question is, Where the heck are the clickers located on the forks? Can't seem to find them anywhere. Someone said they are near the bottom, but where :think: I won't be able to get a manual till next payday, so that puts a damper on things. I know there is suppoesed to be some sort of adjustment, but where? Any help would be appreciated.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Okay, I wasn't sure if they were under that. I didn't want to pull it out if they weren't in there. Gracias. They only control compression right? How many clicks is the norm for someone over 200 riding tight woods?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
They control compression.

There isn't a 'normal' click setting. Depends on too many things. Start about 10-12 out and adjust to suit from there.

Not so tight/hard (in) that the front kicks when it hits something, not so loose/soft (out) that it bottoms too often (considering the the front springs are correct. Hydraulic adjustment won't correct for INcorrect springs).

An anecdote:

Couple years back I was having a dickens of a time getting started after an 'unplanned' stop in the middle of a fairly steep grade. Was in a spot with the front tire just a below a root. Every time the front end hit the root, the front end would start the loop procedure. Changing the clickers (2 clicks softer) made all the difference in the world! The suspension absorbed the hit like it's supposed to. The front end stayed on the ground.

Don't reef on the screw! It's brass. It's not hard to strip something.

And make sure both forks are set the same.....same number of clicks out.

Top Bottom