jdscom

Jun 23, 2003
Been having problems with my engine missing. Just tested the compression. it was 8 kg/cm2, manual says should be 11.5 Kg/cm2.

Is this low enough to cause me problems? Or should this just cause me some lack of power.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
I’m not surprised you are lacking power if your engine is missing. Pull out all stops & try & find it before continuing. :scream: Try under the petrol tank, it should be the big hot metal thing

Is the motor a diesel, piston turbine or perhaps some type of motorcycle engine? :silly:

Joking aside the measurement seems to be down 20%. This may mean absolutely nothing unless you measured it before & don’t have one of those skoady ‘push against plug thread’ types.

Either way if it is ‘missing’ low compression is unlikely the cause. Might be harder to start & lack a bit of power IF it really is down.

Change plug & cap & check earths, clean filter then if still persisting best you provide a few more details.

jdscom

Jun 23, 2003
This is the XR100R from a previous long post. I've tried every thing to do with gas, new air filter, new gas, cleaned carb twice, new airscrew and washer, cleaned out with strong comp. air 150 psi, all back together and no dif. tried checking the coil but I can't get it off the bike. the previous owner felt the need to tighten screws with some type of air gun. I can't get it to budge and its starting to strip. I tried getting an ohm reading with it on the bike but I'm not sure how accurate it is. it seems low on the secondary lead, but can't be sure because i can't get it off the bike.

Further help is appreciated.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Assume it is breaking down under load at high revs?

No mention if you did plug & plug cap (haven’t read other post) if so did it make an improvement?
You can always try another coil earthed elsewhere & swap the connector over. That way you know if that is the grief. Failing that the rest of the ignition is suspect.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom