Converting a car jack to lift bikes?

MarkWo

Feb 3, 2004
Has anyone converted, or added some type of fixture to, a hydraulic car jack to lift motorcycles? I know I can buy many different stands and lifts and such, and I found a link to make your own somewhere here on the site (but I don't have access to a welder or any of the other gear needed to make my own), but I was hoping to find some sort of "gizmo" to convert my car jack stand?

Any thoughts?

Mark w

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
I use a bottle jack and built a frame using plywood along with a couple of square channel tubes. one size tube fits into the other like a slider and then I bolted a piece of angle between the two slider posts. the posts are fixed to the plywood frame with a couple of u-bolts. The bottle jack goes under the angle and pushes it all up. When it is high enough I place two bolts into holes drilled through both tubes to support it with out the jack in place. I built it to perfectly fit my FZR sportbike when I had it so I can remove the rear tire now I use it for all my other bikes. The ply was scrap I had and the metal pieces I got at depot for a couple of bucks they even cut them for me for free.

Top Bottom