MarkWo

Feb 3, 2004
Has anyone converted, or added some type of fixture to, a hydraulic car jack to lift motorcycles? I know I can buy many different stands and lifts and such, and I found a link to make your own somewhere here on the site (but I don't have access to a welder or any of the other gear needed to make my own), but I was hoping to find some sort of "gizmo" to convert my car jack stand?

Any thoughts?

Mark w

MarkWo

Feb 3, 2004
A 2002 Kdx220

Not a matter of not being able to lift it enough, just trying to keep things simple and not add any more clutter to the garage.

Actually, I do have a couple of bum arms and lifting may be somewhat difficult. Looking for a simple way.

I like the stands that have the foot pedal to lift but I haven't found one with a hole in the middle to do oil changes and what not. Any other suggestions? how did you make yours with 2X4's

Mark W

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
just my 2 cents, ever thought about drilling holes into it? so that you could do oil changes. i know the metal used on the lifts are stronge but nothing a high rpm/torque drill couldn't handle, just see if you can find a place that would either let you use their drill or show them how you want it drilled

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
89kdx200rdr said:
5 gallon buckets are cheap and require no nailing
That's what they tell me---but don't try one of those all purpose Home Depot buckets. As soon as you turn your back, the side will buckle---almost let my bike take that fall! Probably better to get one from your local Chinese restaurant---Personally, I just lay a couple of 1X4"s across an old Igloo cooler as you don't need a stand to change the oil. It does take a little effort to get it up there on your own, though.:yeehaw:

Top Bottom