Cool thought for the people that can't make DW'02.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I talked to a buddy about this a couple of days ago. We asked me if there was going to be Internet Access at DW'02. I said I doubt it and if there was, it would be dialup for sure. He's got all the toys, nice PIII laptop, webcam, Canon S20 digital. He wants to see if he could get access to upload photo's from the days events for the guys that couldn't make it. I thought it was a pretty good idea, let the other people kinda be apart of the DW'02 thing to. I'd love to set up some live streaming say a pic every 10-20mins off a webcam, but i doubt the net access is going to be there. Maybe a forum on DRN with each days uploaded pics for the folks at home to take a look at. Okie we'd be more than happy to help you out any way we can, we plan on getting there to help setup banners, mark courses whatever. What ever you want we'll do (to a point, i don't wear pink tutu's :) )

Your Friends to the North.

Bill

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
That sounds like a really good idea. When I first read the title of your post that gave me an idea as well.

We should have all the members that can't be there to ride mail in a picture of them and there bike to one specific person, say Okie for example. Then at Dirtweek '02 in the center of the camping area or somewhere at a main point all the pictures should be posted up on a board for everyone to see. That way the ones that cant be there physically can still feel like part of DW '02 and be there mentally : )~

Just a wild thought though!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cool ideas...

Hucker... we did it last year, although I didn't find the time to get the pics uploaded everyday :) There is bound to be internet connections in the motels/hotels in Stillwater, maybe some DSL?

Streaming is tough, BUT, the Photo Gallery makes uploading easy, I'll set up a category for it. I can do mass uploads to it from a local hard drive.

What kind of media does his camera use?

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Straight USB connection to dl the pics to the laptop. So its pretty compatible with a wide variety of stuff. Webcam is also USB, but like you said streaming it might be a prob. There are also other choices, an external zip would be good 100MB per disk (200MB if you have the new drives) Plus we manipulate all the pics with PhotoShop, so getting them down to around the 50K mark is great and will save time when uploading.. Could do a fresh upload each night for the next mornings viewing. If you have any thoughts just PM me and we can figure something out. I'm thinking we get that helmetcam of yours going and make some small movies from a race or 2. We have the ability to capture video/sound, compress all on the laptop, so its kinda all setup to do pretty much anything...

Top Bottom