racing_46

Jan 25, 2004
Hello

I own a 1995 KDX 200 and I was just wondering on the process of changing the coolant in my bike.
Is there any special precautions that need to be taken, what bolts are required to be removed in order to get all the air out?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok heres how it goes...

The process is the same way as a car, for the most part, except you dont need the vaccum machine.

Drain all of the coolant by removing the hoses from the engine. The bottom ones that is. this should drain the coolant from the radiators and the engine. Next, fill the radiators up with 50/50 water/antifreeze. Fill the over flow to the full line. Put the caps back on and attatch the hoses. Next run the bike. Once it is warm, take off the radiator cap. Add fluid if needed.

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
before refillingyour coolant fill with water and add a quarter cup of lime-away bleed of the air and run the motor till it is up to operating temp. plus 20 minutes and then drain and refill with straight water and re run a few times till it is all flused out(dnt forget let it cool between steps)and then refill with the proper coolant--- this will help keep your cooling system in top shape.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom