Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
1) We will not be using the field this year.... but, Kris is building a full on "grass", read old school, moto track to replace the tmp one we lay out each year in the field.

2) The portion of the field that is by the overflow parking (where we did the pit bike race last year) will be available to kids/beginners; a nice flat area for them to learn to ride on. NO BIG BIKES / MX bikes out there, just the kids on little bikes, trail bikes.

3) Guy Cooper has added to/improved the woods loop, bridges going to the other side of the property, etc. There has been a lot of work in the wooods this year.

4) We are lowering the cost to attend this year... last year was $25 per day for adults, we are trying to get it down to $20 per day for this year. A lot has to do with the number of attendees ...

5) ALL Kids, 12 and under will "trophy" for events they enter.

6) We should have registration open during the next work week.

7) Rider's Meetings have been moved to the evening, prior to the give-aways.

8) The track now consists of NO DOUBLES/TRIPLES, everything is either a roller, step-up or table. The rhythm section has been removed and replaced with a series of tables. Good news lazyboy!

9) We will have a professional photographer there (planned) to be all over the place taking action shots. They have the ability to do high quality prints on site, you'll be able to purchase these at a very reasonable price. Update to follow.

10) Brownie will see Jack and Diane this weekend and confirm that they will be there this year. Good food!

11) Cost:

Riders, 13 and above = $25/day
Kids, 12 and Under = Free
Non-riders, 13 & up = $10/Day

(We reduced the cost from last year as much as possible, was $25 per day and kids were $10)

...more to follow....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Soon.

While it may not me identical, you can use this as an idea of what the schedule will look like.

http://dirtweek.com/schedule.html

We already know Malcolm will not be able to make it this year, he's opening a new store during that time. We are working on some other very interesting guests however. Stay tuned.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks for all you do Okie and family, I know it's alot of work but the memories last forever. ;) Whatever the turnout of special guests will only be icing on the cake for me for sure.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
Kenny Bartram is already scheduled for a competition (Florida, I think) so he won't be there, either.
That's OK we'll just keep a Gomer Watch going and I'm sure we'll see SOMETHING interesting. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ahn den dat Gomah he.... :rotfl:

Good stuff for sure!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Invite all the PRO's someone is bound to show up.

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
Hey!!!

a454elk said:
Thanks for all you do Okie and family, I know it's alot of work but the memories last forever. ;) Whatever the turnout of special guests will only be icing on the cake for me for sure.
Don't act like you're not all excited to have ME out there! :rotfl: Doesn't anyone know who I am? I guess that's a little self critiquiing eh? :moon:
We could have Big Lou pose for pictures by his hardare and sign autographs! What more do we need???

Frodo

Jul 18, 2005
Hey Johnny Bravo!!! ha ha

Hey Johnny (Dave Bird) Yes we all should know who YOU are! :blah: Let's all hope that when we are out there, that we AREN'T remembered for that soil sample we took in the middle of our race!! Dude, where do we sign up for DIRTWEEK?
-Frodo

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okiewan said:
sit down for da steak dinner in da middle da race...
....and BBQ after the race!:p

RVL

Mar 3, 2000
When I went into Paypal, the cost was $25, not $22. I have never done paypal before, so when I saw that, I closed the window. What do I need to do? I want to come Thursday morning to Sunday morning.
Thanks,
Robert

Okiewan said:
11) Cost:

Riders, 13 and above = $22/day
Kids, 12 and Under = Free
Non-riders, 13 & up = $10/Day

(We reduced the cost from last year as much as possible, was $25 per day and kids were $10)

...more to follow....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Okie, thats understandable. I wish there was a way to get more to come. Did ya try a blast PM to folks that heve been there before but didn't sign up yet??

We couldn't make the whole week but we did sign up for Wed thru Sat.

I'd like to see some of the "old" family again.

DriftingOkie

Jun 11, 2005
Hey my son is just getting into motocross racing. Would this be a something we should try and take him to? He is racing in the Cooperland championship mx series. What would be the best days for him to attend? Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
DriftingOkie said:
Hey my son is just getting into motocross racing. Would this be a something we should try and take him to? He is racing in the Cooperland championship mx series. What would be the best days for him to attend? Any information would be helpful. Thanks
There is something for everyone at DW, by all means bring him. The mx races are on Saturday but it's not like the races you would normaly attend, and don't freak out if he he's placed in a class that doesn't seem right, DW has it's on set of classes when it comes to racing. It's all for fun but the seat time would help anyone. There will also be many people there that your son could learn a lot from if he's just getting into racing.

Top Bottom