karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I know everyone here hates quad questions, so sorry in advance.

My youngest son broke his collarbone the 2nd ride on his XR70. The only way I could get him to continue to ride with his older brother and me was to buy him a Honda 90 quad. We want to take the bikes to Cooperland over spring break. Does anyone know if they allow quads.

I don't want to load up for a family trip and find out after we get there that my youngest can't ride because he doesn't have a motorcycle.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Thanks Lorin

Numbers won't bother him, he's used to that when we ride locally. He's not a big fan of a motocross track, he likes to ride his own pace in the woods. I was more worried about doing a family vacation, only to find out he can't ride. You can imagine the disappointment.

I'm still working on getting his confidence back so that would be all I need.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
katerron
I would call and ask first. They do have a website (I think it is www.cooperlandraceway.com) maybe check there.

dont know what kind of riding and what skill level you all are, but have you ever tried Turkey Bay in Kentucky (2500 acres)? I noticed you are from Chicago, I am south of Chicago (kankakee) and its not very far. Also Haspin Acres in Eastern Indiana is pretty good (two mx tracks and 400 acres of woods) Cheap and you can camp there.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
We are thinking of Cooperland because I have family in OKC. Planning on taking the kids down for springbreak. I did look at their website and it doesn't say. Sounds like they do allow them so my youngest will be a happy camper.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Cooperland is primarily a MX track.  The "500", as we refer to it, is a "Cycle Park".  You can obtain a family membership for $25.  The Stillwater Cycle Park(500) is about 5 miles from Cooperland.  The 500 has around 20 miles of trails and two tracks.  The smaller track is for smaller bikes and the big track is very technical, very hard dirt and is unpreped. 

Check out this thread, click.  Post in that thread and I will get a copy of the form to you as soon as I have it in electronic format.  The 500 is awsome and has every skill level of riding.

PS,  Don't forget to contact the Heartland Spodes when you make the trip.  We are always up for a ride and ready to meet new DRNr's.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I agree with Brian in that the 500 would be a better choice for your family to ride at. Although Cooperland does have trails, there is only about 7 miles of them, and they are fairly fast (which might be scary for a motorcyclist coming up on a slower 4 wheeler). The 500 is much more beginer-friendly, typically wider (trail width), and much more forgiving.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Thanks guys

Does the 500 have a website? We will be there for the week so I would like to try as many as possible.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom