Correct Break In Procedure

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
What is the way, or best way to break in a 2003 KDX200? Me and my dad just put in a Wiseco Piston kit (surprisingly it runs, with our luck). I have hear about 1,000 ways to break in bikes, and I want to knwo what you guys think. How should I break it in? BTW, this is the 1st new top end since being brande new.

THANKS

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Thi sis what th emanual says... Does this sound right to you guys?

Start Bike, and warm up throughly

Ride bike for 10 mins., then let completely cool

Start bike, and let warm up throughly

Ride Bike for 20 mins., then let completely cool

Start bike and warm up throughly

Ride bike for 30 mins., then let cool

Check for anyleaks or anything else

This sound ok as a proper break in?

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok, after the process which I just stated, 9th eone in my manual) I can go full blast, correct? Or do I have to take it easy and ease my way into killing her?

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
If it is a brand new bike that has not been ridden yet......follow the manual. Change the oil after the initial break-in and after every ride to clear the small metal filings.
If it's just a piston replacement............start it ,,,,warm it,,,,,run it..

Buc

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Freestyle
You now have a forged piston instead of the cast stock piston. Just use caution during warm up or you will cold seize the bike. For break in just do a few heat/cool cycles and then ride it with some load on the motor for a while and let it cool. Do that again and she's pretty much ready to rip - but ALWAYS let the bike get warm. Feel the rad b-4 you ride to feel that it is warm. Good luck.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
thanks for that info, caus ei woulda siezed it... or majically blew it up or something knowing my luck...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…