Could someone help me out on which boot...

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
well i'm either buying my own boot or getting em for christmas so what boot should i get
i've been noticing some different boots so just tell me what you think

Sidi- Crossfire (SRS/TA) which one?
Beriks-dunno much about these
AlpineStars-i've seen something like 8tech or something like that, specify
Oxstars...thats what i think they were called

other:specify please :)

thanks, and please tell me if this shouldn't be here

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I've had Fox, AlpineStar Tech 8's, and Gaerne SG-10's.
My favorites were the SG-10s.
The Tech8's were cool too but I didn't like the "booties".
I won't wear Fox boots again unless someone is paying me to wear them.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Ive seen this before on one of the other threads...

You usually have to spend a little more, to get quality. In other words, quality doesn't come cheap.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
elliot...i'm not trying to go cheap, i just want to make sure i'm not paying 400 for a name rather than quality, thats what i meant :)

i must say though, i've taken a sudden liking to those SG10Carbons...the black and gold looks nice

and its 50bucks less than what i was gonna get

but nobody has tried an Sidi Crossfire SRS or TA?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I've read plenty of good reviews of the Sidi but can't comment as I have never tried them personally. They are a quality boot as is the Gaerne SG-10, if you have shops locally I would try them both on and decide from there as each person's foot is different and you may get a better fit from one brand or the other.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
I have some SG-10s and I love them. Ive also ridden in some Sidi FlexForce and those arent bad either. Crossfires are like the FFs but feel stiffer and are even more comfortable. The SG-10s take the cake though. Amazing feel and not as expensive as high end Sidis.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
BBking25 said:
but nobody has tried an Sidi Crossfire SRS or TA?

One of my friends has the SRS and he loves them as much as I love my SG-10s. I don't think they are as common as some of the other boots, so it is harder to find a first had review (I've never worn them myself).

I think the Sidis come in 1/2 sizes where the Gearnes do not.

The SG-10 is by far the best boot I've had. I got mine about 1 year ago. They were super comfortable right out of the box and have great protection. It did take me a couple of rides before they were completely broken in, but the break-in period was much shorter than other boots I've had.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I have Sidi Crossfire SRS's and LOVE them. They were comfortable straight out of the box. I rode 120 miles of trail the first weekend out with them. There was no adjustment of my riding style necessary at all with them. All the foot controls fit perfect. The ankle hinge's work great - you have full flexibility where your ankle should bend and they are very supportive left/right where it shouldn't. When I'm riding I don't notice the boots at all - it's like I don't have boots on as far as my movement is concerned, which I can't say for any other boots I've tried (haven't tried Gaerne's). I've also taken quite a few hits to them (stumps, branches, etc) and they've protected my feet and shins very well. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
ur70 sorry i don't know your full name, it won't let me PM probably because i'm new, sorry about your post

well i guess since they both sound good, i'll look at em both, i'll either be getting the SG-10 Black/Gold Carbons for 350 for an Sidi Crossfire SRS black for 400

i've heard so many good things about both the only bad part is the SRS is 50 more, but i'll go by looks now
thanks everyone, i really appreciate it
(i went to my local dealer a couple days ago, they had tons of alpinestars and thor but only one sidi left, and it was too small :( )

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Look around at shops. Around here the 06s are marked way down and you can buy a pair of crossfires for $330. I got my brand new SG-10s about 2 weeks ago for $300 but I have a buddy that I split dealer and retail prices with. Spend the money and get a good pair of boots, they make all the difference. Boots are only expensive until you come home with a hospital bill for a messed up foot...

Last edited:

BBking25

Nov 28, 2006
i know... i know personally, i ripped my shin open and got 12 staples

but if both have been said to be very good then they both are probably worth it

3Wheelerdude

Nov 20, 2006
I own 2 pairs of Alpine* Tech8. Very good boot, I recommend them strongly but the price is quite high. I love the inserts, it allows me to walk around the garage or the truck with out dirtying my sox while I am gearing up. My whites boots seem to stain easily so I wear my black ones more often. Stay with darker colors in my opinion.

cobrajet

May 27, 2006
Gaerne SG10

I own a pair of Fox Forma Pro boots. I never got use to them and I don’t like them. Maybe they would fit better if I got a size larger. I wear size 10 shoes and I bought a size 10 boots. They just feel too tight and I even had the boots straps largest setting. I give the Fox boots a (C) grade. Now I just recently purchased a pair of Gaerne SG10. Wow! These are the best boots I've ever worn. Gaerne makes their boots a little oversized for each size, but they fit & feel perfect. If wear thicker sock, they still feel perfect. The boots straps are well thought out. Their designers took the extra time to make them function properly and easily. I would highly recommend these to everyone that rides or races dirt bikes. If I had these boots lost or stolen, I would not blink an eye and order another pair. The best, I give the Gaerne SG10’s an (A) grade.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I grew up in a time where the only boot to wear was the Alpine Star. As a youngster, I always wanted Alpine Star boots. Well, now I finally got my pair (Tech 6's) and absolutely love them. The quality and comfort are top notch. They used to be made in Italy, now they're made in eastern Europe. I don't know if this changed anything. The fact that I paid somewhere around $160-180 for a new pair just makes them feel that much better.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have a brand new pair of SG 10's with one ride on them. No break in at all and they are already the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned.

I have had the MSR System 6 (Tech 6 clones I believe) and Gaerne SG1 that I really liked but the SG10's were way worth the $325 I paid.

Ivan

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I love my old Sidi SRS boots, other than the white (now yellow) color. A++, but I am a bit confused on their new product line. And the prices have gotten crazy, I thought it was high when they were $300! So do all of their boots still have the fully replaceable sole?

It sounds like the SG-10s and the Sidis are both top notch, any comments from folks that switched from one to the other, or have both?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I wore the Sidi's for a year and now have SG-10's. I liked the Sidi's just fine (had the regular sole). I had some issues with straps falling out, and having to adjust everything every time I put them on. Hassle. Good boot tho, once you get the dang things on.

The SG-10's are more comfortable on my feet, have more room for my braces and the buckles/straps are great. They are heavier than the Sidi's. Haven't actually weighed them, but they are close to Tech 8's in weight. Just an obviously well made boot that works. I really have no desire to try anything else, there is nothing I dislike about the boot.

I may get a black pair to shut the homophobes up :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom