~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2003
Here is a picture of the clutch pushrod from my 89 KX 250
I hope this isn't a stupid question.
Thanks.

Pushrod

andrewbugg10

Feb 19, 2004
just right click on the link and press "save target as" then open it, thats what i did

f972dc5f.jpg

Mr. Clean

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
If it sticks in the hollow shaft it came out of the answer is yes. I would straighten it or replace it if I were you. I remember on those old bikes that the clutch would slip if the plates wore out so thin that the pressure plate would bottom out on the shaft you pictured before the plates tightened up. A cheap fix for this is to grind this same shaft shorter until it allowed the plates to tighten. Hope this helps. Mr. Clean

PE175

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2003
Mr. Clean said:
If it sticks in the hollow shaft it came out of the answer is yes. I would straighten it or replace it if I were you. I remember on those old bikes that the clutch would slip if the plates wore out so thin that the pressure plate would bottom out on the shaft you pictured before the plates tightened up. A cheap fix for this is to grind this same shaft shorter until it allowed the plates to tighten. Hope this helps. Mr. Clean

I put in brand new plates and springs, and the pressure plate is good.

Mr. Clean

~SPONSOR~
Nov 8, 2001
Does the bent shaft move freely in it's hollow shaft? Does the cable prevent full engagement? Is the clutch assembled correctly? All these will make the clutch slip.
Mr. clean

PE175

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2003
Mr. Clean said:
Does the bent shaft move freely in it's hollow shaft? Does the cable prevent full engagement? Is the clutch assembled correctly? All these will make the clutch slip.
Mr. clean

Well the cable is good... I don't think the shaft is bent.. it just looks ground down on the one end.
The previous owner disassembled the clutch to replace the springs/plates, when he put it back together, it just slipped, wouldnt even move.

Top Bottom