BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
I got my stiffer Eibach springs the other day, and finished installing them tonight. I've got a few questions concerning my fork.

First, the oil. What significance does the "oil capacity" have, if all you need to do is measure the oil level? After draining the old oil out, I put in half the fork's oil capacity (like the Honda manual states), and worked the fork tube up and down to get air out of the fork. Then the manual said to add the other half of the capacity, work the fork tube up and down again, and let the fork leg sit fully compressed to let any air bubbles rise up and out. So I did that. Then, it said to measure the oil level........huh?! With 22.5oz of oil (again, as specified in the manual) in each fork, the oil was dang near level with the top of the fork. So I dumped some out until I got the right level (the book called for 120mm). Does this procedure sound right?

Second--my new fork springs make quite a bit of noise. It sounds like they're rubbing or dragging against something, but I'm pretty sure that can't be, as they dropped in perfect, and it doesn't feel like they're hanging up or sticking. Is this normal?

Sorry for the long winded post, I just don't wanna go out and trash something in my fork on the first ride.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
They list the fork capacity so if you know you have no oil in them you can just dump a specified amount in.On the bladder forks if you pump the oil out you still have alot trapped in the bladder so you use oil height instead.
On the spings i have the same experience-fitted new springs and lots of noise from where they contact the guides.Nothing wrong with mine-just the way it is.

Top Bottom