FORKS REBUILT SUCCESSFULLY - couple questions

YZHooligan

Oct 30, 2006
I rebuilt my forks, and it was a blast taking them apart, seeing how it works and everything.
I changed dust seals, fork seals and new oil.

After putting the forks back together, I was wondering if its normal to hear the oil flowing through the tubes when i move the forks around. Like..after they have been laying on the workshop table..then when i put them upright..I can hear the oil flowing down.
Is this normal? or does it mean theres too much air in the tubes? also when they are upright, and i put my weight on the tube to compress it, i hear a "squash" of the oil inside.

I followed the normal procedure of compressing fully the tubes and damper rod... then filling up...pumping the damper rod, pumping the outer tube..filled up with oil again...compressed everything again.. then repeating....
I adjusted to place stock level of oil in the forks(135mm)

Let me know anyway!!
thanks!

~rich

p.s. YZ250 (2002) bike

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
hearing oil is normal i just got mine back from factory connection, so that's normal you should bleen the air out of them though.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
there should be two flathead screws at the top: one for compression and one for bleeding the air. just make sure your front tire is off the ground and unscrew the air bleed screw until you hear all the air seep out.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
They don't need to be bled right after rebuilding. They should be just right right after a rebuild.

You only need to bleed them after you ride. Heat buildup from riding causes an increase in pressure.

Top Bottom