Couple questions I need answered ASAP

YZrider250

May 17, 2006
I'm in the process of adjusting my jet needle. At this point, I'm just playing around with it, seeing where I can get it to run best. My first question is, one clip position wouldn't sieze the engine would it? I don't think it would, but I just wanted to make sure (keep in mind, I already went one size down on my pilot, and two sizes on my main).

My next question is, Along with the bike, I got an extra needle. The markings on the needle I just took out are N3EJ. The markings on the other needle are N3EW. First off, what do these numbers mean? What are the difference between the two needles, and when would I consider trying the other needle? I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

jefflesh

May 2, 2006
YZrider250,

I don't know about the main needle, you may have to do some research on the net for information on that. However, changing the clip position one groove will not cause immediate harm to your engine. However, I would recommend installing a new plug and do a reading on it to see how it’s working.

Read the following web page:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/carbtuning.html

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You won't sieze the engine by changing the needle position, unless the main is already too lean. Typically, the engine will bog when you twist the throttle if you go too lean with the needle.

Top Bottom