kniles812

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2003
Last week i checked my anti-freeze and noticed it was low, so when i went to fill it we added about 10 ozs and thats when we thought something must be wrong. Then at the track this past sunday, I was sitting on the line and noticed a small puddle of anti freeze under the overflow. When i came back from practice i checked it again (after it cooled) and it was low about 4-5 ozs again. Filled it up and rode my 1st moto, came back, same thing low about 5 ozs each time. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? We dont think it is the head gasket because its comeing out the overflow area, but we could be wrong. Could the Cap be bad and not have enough pressure? thanks - kevin

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
maybe it's the cap, how old is this ride? :) check your oil yet? if it's milky you have a leaking water pump seal maybe and it could still also be the head gasket also. Start with the cap just swap it off someone who has a good one try that being it's so simple. Then go from there.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
i know local pro riders who had to change the head/base gasket on their 02-04 after every weekend, they burned coolant easily.. this could be your problem but dont look at it until you have more replys and come up empty

kniles812

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2003
Alright, I changed the oil, and it looks like its just oil and no anti-freeze. My dad has a CR250 with the same cap that we will try. I also bought a new head gasket hoping one of these will help. Its only a 2003 and Ive already had problems in the past with blown head gaskets. Thanks for the help guys!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom