murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
My stock reeds went to crap about a year ago and since then I've had the v-force on my 02 cr 250. I just sent my top end to eric gorr for the "mo better" porting. Before i put my bike back together I was thinking about settting the v-force to the low tensions setting. I've heard different things about this and i was wondering if it would be a good decision as far as performance goes. Also, does this "significantly reduce reed life" like the insructions say in the box?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sometime it does really reduce reed life, on my 02 cr125 the reeds only lasted about 8 weeks on low tension, on high i got a season out of them.

whistleryz

Feb 4, 2003
I have my tension on low, it's better low end than high, and after a whole season of riding , the reeds are ready to go back into action with no signs of wear...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The reed life is going to depend on how high you rev the motor. The faster the engine is reving, the more cycles the reeds go through. The low tension lets the reeds bend easier to open faster for better low end power. They bend easier by changing the fulcrum point which also induces higher stresses, which shortens life.

I have mine on the low tension setting but I rarely wind it out so they are ready to go again this year .

Top Bottom