aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
I just got a 03 cr125r this fall and im used to rejetting my 250's but decided to get one that i could man handle easily. Has anyone on here put v-force reeds in theres and know how much to rejet it or if you even have to rejet it. I just got them and want it ready in the spring to ride but i dont want to run it too lean.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
You dont have to change jetting because of the reeds. But the 02+ CRs are not known for great jetting and being very finicky to keep jetted properly. See if there is any technical info with the reeds, there wasnt any on the mototassinari site.

Probably going to have to do some plug chops and go from there.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
My buddy has an 02 cr125 that's been very finiky with jetting. Go buy a bag of jets and some plugs and get to work. Only you can tell if the bike needs jetted.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
How can anyone on here know for sure if your bike needs to be rejetted or not?

We don't know what jet's are in the bike, we don't know where you ride it (elevation, humidity, temp), we don't know what condition the engine is in, and we don't know how it's running.

You are the only one that will know for sure.

So, I suggest you get the reeds in the bike and ride it. Then do some simple diagnostics to determine if you need to change jets.

This isn't rocket science. It's just jetting. There are a million guides on the internet about jetting, and all of them are about the same in method.

There's a brilliant thread on this site about reading your plugs. With all of this info at your disposal, you should be able to determine fairly quickly and accurately what your bike needs after you install the reeds.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyMX said:
With all of this info at your disposal, you should be able to determine fairly quickly and accurately what your bike needs after you install the reeds.

... or maybe not. :whoa:

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
I just wanna know if its really all that horrible to run the jetting a little wrong. I dont really have the time hardly got enough to ride anymore. The shop here wants 210$ to rejet my bike so im probaly not gunna go that way.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
aaronnaland said:
I just wanna know if its really all that horrible to run the jetting a little wrong. I dont really have the time hardly got enough to ride anymore. The shop here wants 210$ to rejet my bike so im probaly not gunna go that way.

That is way too much and you are wasting your $$$. Buy a JD jetting kit and go ride. :ride:
Dave L.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
JD Jetting kit and you'll be set OR just ride it the way it is and don't worry about it.

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
Thanks for all the info ill probaly jet it this spring but we will see how much time i have. There is still 5 feet of snow here so not gunna be able to run it for a wile anyways.

Top Bottom