CR 250 went boom!

250Roach

Jun 19, 2006
Was wondering if there are any GOOD wrenches in here who could help me with a problem. I have an 06 CR 250, we were down in WV trail riding, and at first I thought I was loading up, I checked my plug, and it was all good. BUT, I lost top end. No bother, I wasnt using it much anyway. So the next day, I found a good stretch of trail and decided to blow my bike out, well after I maxed 5th out, it started to rattle, and just shut off. It does NOT hold an idle now.
NOW on the third day comming out of the woods, I lost bottom and mid range. And had nothing but top end. Well needless to say I didnt ride very long. Is this the RC Valve, the power valve inside the head, do I need fresh top end or what? I was told that I need to "Clean"y RC and power valve, Out side and in. The only mods I did to the bike were V-Force Delta 3, FMF Shorty and a Twin Air filter thats all. Can someone tell me what the hell I did to my bike?
Thanks, Roach

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
was it full of antifreeze?
Was it laid down alot and no checked?
how is the compression?

Need more info

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…