cr 250 wont kick start after rebuild

cr250rider07

Jul 21, 2006
OK just the other day i rebuilt my cr 250's top end and i cant get it to start the only way it will start is to bump start it and once it starts it hauls a** but it will bog at high rpms. oh and it wont idel or run on the choke now its weird and when i stop the motor wont stay running. so far i cleaned out the carb and put in a new plug and got so fresh gas i dont know what else it could be any help would be appreciated thanks!

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
have you checked your spark?, and your fuel line for clogs?... and make sure your runnin a clean filter (a dirty filter on these bikes causes them to act CRAZY)... i know it sounds small time, but those little things can add up to a hell of alot

other than that, it could partially be caused by the wrong coolant mixture... or just plain wrong coolant

and can also be caused by the exhaust valve not functioning properly... but it should still run properly just wont hop off the bottom end as good...

do some investigating, lemme know, ive got the exact same bike

and just a thought... have you done a compression check to make sure everything is functioning normally, and was installed correctly??... cause that could DEFINATELY screw all that up

some dumb ideas but not too far fetched,

LemmeKnow man!, GOODLUCK!

cr250rider07

Jul 21, 2006
well this is some major bs i went and tryed to bump start it today and it wouldnt start so i was what the heck ill take the top end apart well here the brand new pistion and rings were melted together so now i have to get a new piston and rings there goes 120 down the drain :bang: what would have caused this to happen?

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
my buddy did something similar to his bike when he rebuilt it and ran it without warming it up or breaking it in. Maybe you didn't warm it up long enough or you might have a air leak or exausht leak

Top Bottom