mjl126

Sep 13, 2002
i have a 1987 cr 500 that i have been having clutch problems with. When i pull in the clutch lever and put the bike it gear it dies, i can not get it to disengauge. Ive been burning up the little steel ball between the pushrod and the piece that goes over that and presses against the pressure plate. This is my first bike and i am new to all of this. Ive been told to make sure i have free play but i dont know if free play is at the clutch lever or the pressure plate. I need to know if when the clutch is set up ideal, is the peice that pushes the pressure plate out supposed to be up against the pressure plate or should their be some space? hope this makes sense, any help would be greatly apreciated

flybytaco

Oct 2, 2002
Is there any grooves in your basket where the clutch plate tabs ride? if there are grooves it keeps the plates from sliding in the groove so it would cause it not to disengage .. you could file te basket but you must do it perfectly or it can break the plates. take a plate and put it in the basket as a guage to file the basket evenly. turn the plate and make sure all the tabs are making contact with the basket. do you get what im saying? pm me back if you have troubles...good luck.. :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom