COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
This holiday weekend I will be spending at some relatives and the boys have a ?93 Honda CR 80. They want some help getting it running again. THe bike rode fine all summer. According to the boys, the problem developed overnite. The bike starts, idles, revs fine, but put it in gear, give it some gas and let the clutch out, it just bogs out. They say they've tried new plug, gas, pulled and cleaned the carb. I don't know the last time it had a new top end. How can I help them out? Any ideas????????

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If the carb is clean, check for any air leaks and then check the jetting! If it developed OVERNIGHT a new-top end isn't going to fix it, but it couldn't hurt, have them do that too.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You could also have them clean the fuel filter at the petcock and check the fuel lines to see if there is any obstruction.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I'll check for air leaks and fuel blockage. If that's not it, I have to suspect it would be jetting. Thanks for the help. This place has been great for feedback. If you can't find a thread on what you need, just start a new one. AWESOME!!!!!!

Top Bottom