CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
I just tore my engine apart to figure out why it would not turn over....the one intake skirt broke off. So I need to rip apart the bottom end to clean it out and replace the bottom end crank bearing.
I was just wondering while I'm rebuilding the bottom end if there are any tips that you guys have found that help out. This is my first bottom end ever. I just ordered a Honda service manual so I will have step by step instructions, but thought you guys might have some expert advise.
if it helps it is a 01 CR 250.
Thanks
Stan

Mattski

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2001
Check all the bearings in the gearbox while youve got it appart and replace any notchy bearings and double check the mains. If it was mine and the piston shatered I would be replacing the main bearings and the crankseals while doing the bigend.

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Just some advice from experience.....

If your planning on replacing the big end rod bearing/rod, I would buy a complete crank from Honda before I would have a rod kit installed. I spent a couple of weeks waiting for mine to be fixed when the shop that put the rod kit in did not have the proper jigs to press and true the crank halves. They sent it to another shop which decided to use a hammer to beat it true and bend the sheet metal covering on the crank halves and ruin them.
Eventually the two shops had to get together and replace my crank assembly.
Scott

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
scotts250,
I agree 100%. When compared to buying the Hod Rod kit ($90+), paying for the labor, waiting for it and then not being sure they did it right, yep..., you can buy the Wiseco crank assembly with the Hod Rod for about $200. :cool:
That's what I did with my last rebuild. Unfortunately, it's only available for the CR. :think:

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Crguystan,m just happen to have a GOOD used crank conplete. in a box ready to ship if you wish to but it , will sell for 50.00 + shipping. also have a cylinder if intrested? you can reach me at
storytime@adelphia.net or 814-833-0400

Top Bottom