TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
Stock my CR came with the front brake line routed down the fork tube and then inside (towards the wheel) and i have seen some CR's with the line routed on the outside. I was thinking about changing mine to the outside because my fork gaurd is beginning to rub on on my fork on the inside. I just bought some UFO fork gaurds and i dont want to put them on until racing season starts up. Will routing my brake line on the outside be ok?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
route it the way it is supposed to. I dont ever recall seeing any bikes having the line on the outside but if they did I figure the brake line would be the first thing at the scene of an accident, possibley rendering it useless. If I had a bike that was routed to the outside I probably would think about routing inwards to protect it a little more<space permitting>.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
All of the brake fittings on your CR are specifically designed to angle the brake line to go on the inside of the fork. Also, there is a retainer that mounts on the fork guard to ensure the line stays in place.
I would rather have a little rubbing on the fork guard than having the line rip right off when tangled with another bike or a tree.

flybytaco

Oct 2, 2002
The brake line goes on the inside of the fork. And to solve the rubbing wrap a zip tie around the fork tube and make sure the little sqare part of the tie faces twords the back. it works wonders.

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
You may want to replace the wear ring on the bottom of your upper fork tubes also. The rings will eventually wear flat and will cause the fork guard to rub the fork tube. The zip tie solution would work good too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom