BBowski66

Dec 21, 2006
Ran compression test...60psi.

Guess I am going to run a wet test, if it doesn't come up then it looks like the jug is coming off.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
BBowski66 said:
45 or so...how exactly can you cold seize it?

Cold seize happens when the piston and cylinder are at extremely different temps.. It happens when you don't let the bike warm up enough in cold weather.

I run mine on the stand until I can feel with my hand that they outside of the cylinder is warm.

Then I ride easy for a few minutes, before I start trying to open it up like a mad man.

If that is what you did, it should be pretty easy and inexpensive to fix.

You are gonna need to take the head and cylinder off of the engine and get the piston and bore mic'd to see if it's trashed.

If not, you may get away with just putting new rings in it.

More likely, you will at least need a new piston and have to hone the cylinder.

But, it's not a total loss. Next time you want to take a ride in cold weather, just be a little more careful and let it good and warmed up before riding.

ignatius2071

Dec 12, 2006
Sorry to tell you, but I,m quite sure you'll find that your rings are siezed to your piston, I have three cr.s and I know that set of circumstances all to well. The whole 5th gear 55 mph rear tire slide. To be sure check your compression, but you already can tell it doesn't kick the same. You can usually salvage the piston by prying the old rings out of the piston. You may even be able to get your bike started again by pushing and jump starting in gear, but the rings will normally sieze back up. Once you do all this I 'll let you know how to avoid doing it again.

Top Bottom