420_CR250

Nov 9, 2002
Hi all
I am new here. I just bought a new CR250r 02' I am a big boy. I want to know where I can find a good staring point and how to for setup on this bike. The manual does not do a good job of this. Can anyone out there help me. I ride in CO.

Thanks 420-CR250

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Unless you like it superplush and can live with some bottoming youll probably want to get some firmer springs to hold you up and maybe a revalve for a bit more compression maybe also . 45/46 fork spring and maybe like a 5.2 rear spring might work good (check the MXtech spring generator) If you want to try to ride it stock for awhile like we did for awhile we used the following 210lb rider fork comp 4 out, reb 12 out added 20cc oil in each fork tube through the bleeder.8mm protrusion on top of stock triple clamps . Shock 10mm free sag , 90mm rider sag . HSC 1 1/2 turn out LSC 10 out rebound 9 out. With the spring on the shock and the bike on a crate the spring was like 9 5/8 =9 3/4 inches long . Thats what we had for notes on that guy that bike and he did real good with it. Then he put springs and we were able to turn out the clickers and run a little more sag. With the springs we felt the bike was abit more stable with a heavier rider . Ride it and break it in first . Good luck to ya.

Top Bottom