yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
ok so my cylinder is being sent off for repair because i blew the top end and i got some peoples opinions on why it happened. now that i am waiting for my cylinder what are some things i can check? i have gone through and cleaned every thing spotless and greases virtually every bearing on the suspension and frame. i was told that i might have a bad right crank seal. how do i check the seals and if needed how do i replace them? i am waiting on a service Manuel right now but i heard it can be done without splitting the case which is what i do not want to do. also when i get the cylinder back i hear you need to clean the rc valve. when i took it off it moved freely but i still want to clean it so how do i do this? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance yamarider88.

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
You should be able to replace them if it is not a Kawasaki. No case splitting necessary. Remove the right side cover and clutch. Get the gear off the crankshaft (be careful, some have left hand threads) The seal should be removeable then. If you seized the engine, the left side is more suspect. You need to remove the flywheel on the left side to get at it.

Check your crank bearings for any play or roughness. That is often why the seal goes.

todd36

Sep 3, 2007
I would pressure test the engine after I got the cylinder back on. Make up a plug for the intake and exhaust and put about 6 psi in the engine and see if it holds it. If you need to replace seals carefully use a couple of sheet metal screws and pry the seal out. If you are working on your CR250 I can send you the dimensions for the plugs

Top Bottom