crap!!! lost the nut for my rimlock!!!! and im going riding at dumont dunes tomorrow

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
well, tonight i was putting the paddle on my tire, and lost the nut to tighten the rim lock!! :bang: :ahhh: i looked all over, and im leaving tomorrow at 4am to go to dumont sand dunes. im gonna keep around 20 psi in the rear so hopefully it wont spin and rip my valve stem off. im so pissed right now. hopefully the loose sand will allow the tire to spin freeley enough and not get soo much traction that the bead slips and the tire spins and rips my valve stem off. :ahhh: :ahhh: :bang:

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
eyball the size of that bolt and get to home depot, go into the area with all the bolts and stuff..and look at they're bolt sizing chart and buy all the nuts that look like they could fit...they're probably only like 4 to 6 possibilities, probably a "fine" and a"course" thread type. Just buy both thread types for all the sizes you choose Only like 50 cents a piece. And then return the ones that don't work. You should be fine. Unless you don' t have a home depot or lowes near, but who doesn't they're friggin everywhere..lol. When i loose nuts or bolts thats what i do. You have to go to the area with the drawers, thats all the metric stuff. Hope this helps and good luck!

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Yeah like Badgadjit1 said. Go to a local hardware store and get a replacement bolt, it will do the job so that you can get your ride in and when you get back you can replace it with the exact nut if you want.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
autozone has assortment kits with nuts bolt washers etc. for about 6.00 its good to have one in the toolbag anyways. make sure you get the metric one .

Lokair

Feb 2, 2006
look in the metric ones at the hard ware store, the guys at my local hard ware store will even let you take out a bunch then return the ones you do not need and only pay for the one you needed.
lok

jonnyriabov

Oct 27, 2005
and if worse comes to worse, wrap some grip wire around it tightly, and then some duct tape to add a bit of bling.....

but seriuosly the wire will work.....as a last resort

apb

Feb 1, 2005
or just take the one off the front with you to the hardware store, and find the right nut without the guesswork;)

dnchevyman

Dec 27, 2005
i just let it eat with no nut. tire never spun and neither did the tube. it was just fine. except i lunched my motor drag racing up competition hill :bang:

Top Bottom