Crashed today, out for the season...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I was riding in practice this morning, and had my worst crash yet.

Just came over a small tabletop, another rider overshot the
jump right into my right side. Not sure how,but the middle & ring fingers on my right hand got smashed.

I shattered the last bone in my ring finger and ripped off the finger nails from both fingers.

Just so you all know, it hurt like hell.

Doc said it would be 3 months until the finger nails are healed enough to put my gloves back on.

Looks like I can get an early start on my winter rebuild!!

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
sorry to hear that man. when my grandpa was racing in the 70's, 80's, he blew his knee out. it was career ending. luckily for you its only a season. i'm really freaked out to crash, but then again its all part of learning.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yes it is.. I hate it that it was some one elses mistake that took me out, but I am fortunate that I was seriously hurt.

Now I can spend my time at the track taking pictures, my second love!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Chili said:
Sorry to hear about the injury, Hope it's not your shutter finger! Heal up fast!

Nope, but its on that hand. And I haven't yet tried to even
hold the camera. I hope I can hold up the weight. Otherwise I guess I'll be using my tripod alot!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
mg89 said:
how's the other rider?

Except for the new hole in his ass that his dad gave him, he was fine.

I really need to get ahold of his dad and let him know that there are no ill feelings and that it was just an accident and not to make the kid suffer for a mistake.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
I feel your pain. My one and only attempt at motocross was at a oldtimers event in Oregon state...I was racing support class "over the hill'. A guy swapped into me on a whooped out up-hill trying to pass out of a turn at the bottom, and smacked my ankle between his swing arm and my frame. OUCH!

Made my second moto, but the swelling and pain ended my day after that. It was a fracture in my foot. (The sponsering club was kind enough to lend me some crutches!) :)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yuck

Attachments

• IMG_6335 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6335 (Small).JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 110

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I suppose you could cut the fingers off of your glove, tape up those fingers real good, and (if holding on is a problem) duct tape your hand to the bar, and ride anyway ;) . Or you could just listen to the doc, do your rebuild, and get ready for some good winter riding :cool: .

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sh!t.... I'm a MXer.. you know what I'm gonna do...

Err.. well, Ok, I'm an OLD Mxer.. As soon as those pins are out, you know what I'm gonna do. ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom