medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Hi everyone,
16 days post-op and things are looking good. I no longer want to chew my leg off. Swelling's down, sutures are healing & bones are still in the right place. Check out the pics under " What's the worst injury you've had" posting. Doc said 2-3 months non-weight bearing and may not need P.T.
I'm really trying to be a good patient but snuck out last week and drove to the health club. Felt great to talk to people and work out my upper body. I miss work and walking.
Learning to play Mx vs. Atv on a borrowed Xbox. I've got my helmet and new jersey set up where I can see them when I play. What a nut! I lose all the time but at least it doesn't hurt when I crash.
Anyone ever have trouble getting back on their bikes after an injury?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Glad to hear that your in good spirits! Hell ya, it tough after an injury. Take it easy and let it come, you'll do fine.
Get Well Soon :nod:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
In the strange but true category would have to be my return to riding after reconstructive knee surgery. I snapped my ACL and tore the medial meniscus in what they call a "bucket handle" tear. The wonder team of doctors replaced the ligament with a hamstring tendon and sewed up the cartilege. Seven months post-destruction I climbed back on the same Suzuki RMX 250 that provided that fateful crash. With a freshly healed/healing knee I REALLY didn't want to crash or dab my foot for any reason. At first it made me a bit tenative on the bike. However, having that thought in my head actually made me become a better rider. I looked ahead further, chose better lines and consciously decided to quit just "going for it" when I really shouldn't. Previously I would just point it in somewhat the correct direction, grab a big handful of throttle and hope for the best when I got into something really ugly. With a new found respect for my body, I learned to ride smarter and cleaner which ultimately made me faster. Who'da thunk that?

I certainly hope you can overcome any fears you may have regarding a repeat performance of your injury. Do your best to learn from it and get back to the sport you enjoy as soon as it's prudent to do so. Above all, keep smiling!

Top Bottom