Crashing?

yzeater

Subscriber
My dad really really doesn't want me to crash. I think it is inevitable that I will crash. Is there anybody out there who has ridden for a while and NEVER crashed? I would really appreciate if everybody who reads this simply says if they have or haven't crashed. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
I crash a lot. Most of the time I walk away with no pain or injuries. Occassionaly I walk away with a bruise or a minor cut, nothing that would keep me from riding. Only once in the year I have been riding have I had an injury severe enough to take me off the track and quit riding for the day. And even then I was fine in a few days.

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
Crashed more times than I care to remember. No serious ones though. Only once have I been taken off of the track, but it only took a few weeks to make me feel better.

Everybody will crash. There's zero possibility you will do any significant amount of off-road-riding without crashing. By crashing I mean something where your handlebars touch the ground, usually with no real injuries to the rider.

If you start seriously practising MX or enduro (/hare scrambles) it is very likely that at some point you will get an injury that forces you off the bike for some time.

doh, this is bulldogkx125

i 'crash' normally 2-3 times a ride, all from washing in corners, i normally just slide a little, or jump off(then again my corner speed isnt the fastest)

i have only had one bad injury
i think i slightly brusied my 2 of my ribs while i did a superman, i could have gotten back on the bike the next day, no big.

crashs will happen, but not everyone has bone bashing, brain knocking crashes

I to have had my fair share of crashes. I think in order to become a better rider it is a necessity. 95% of the time that I crash I wash out or something minor.Usually ride away with bruises at the most.

I think it might be possible to ride and not crash, but you would have to ride very slow. Even then chances are you are going to lay it down a couple times. It is kind of like walking. Everybody trips several times in their lives, but it is usually no biggy. In fact it is a valuable learning experience.

This is not to say that I like to crash. I am not nearly as brave as I used to be and value being healthy at this point in my life. I do push it sometime, but also don't try to pull off any "no hander face plants".

HiG4s

Subscriber
Just a note, I don't consider it a crash if in the 10 seconds before the handlebars hit the ground there was no forward movment. I often come to a stop on the trail to look around and found I've stopped where there is a down slope, or a low spot. This combined with my 32 inch inseam and 38 inch seat height causes my handle bars to hit the ground at times. But this is NOT a crash! With that preface, I can say I haven't crashed this year.

Accidents

As the name implies they are not planned.My last crash was at very low speed and resultted in breaking both bones just above the ankle.Every crash has the chance of being your last,the best advice is to be aware and as such be prepared.
1. Correct protection for your body
2. Insurance for income and life(very important).
3. Take a buddy with you(can be a long wait ,lying on your butt waiting to be found).

Yea ol' saying goes...

There are two (2) types of motorcycle riders.... :think

Those who have crashed ;)

And those who will crash!! :scream:

First off I don't crash alot when I'm about to I seem to save it at the last possible second but 99% of my crashes are just wipe outswhere no damage is done, I only had one crash where I bent my bars and shift lever, another one where I flipped my friends quad (lots of dirtrash from that one), and when I hit a tree 2nd gear wide open and I landed on my "package" and hurt everypart of my body but the most damage to my lower back, shoulder, and the "package".

If you where all your gear you'll escape 99% of all crashes with little injury

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Two kinds of crop dusters...

those that have crashed and those that are going to. Same way with dirtbikers. I've ridden for 25 years. I've broken my wrist, ribs and seperated my shoulder plus many other minor injuries. I still ride and figure I'll hurt myself again someday, I just hope it's not a broken bone.

You gotta crash.

How else are you going to find you limits and discover what needs work? I'm 38 now and can stand in front of the mirror and see several spots sticking out here and there that shouldn't be sticking out. Several concussions, broken bones and torn ligaments - Its all part of the sport. Just make sure you spend the money to buy good quality protective gear.

I'd like to say I simply crash, but most of my crashes are complex.

Last big one was 3 years ago, broke a bone in my wrist/hand. 8-10 weeks before it started feelingh close to right. Perm. bump there now :(

Ride a dirtbike and you will have a get-off from time to time. Rich Rohrich's last face plant was awesome... knocked the mouth piece right off his new Moto-7, LOL. Good thing he doesn't have a neck.