CRF 150 break-in maintenance question

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
My uncle got a new CRF 150, and is parking it at our place. I told him I'd do the maintenance for him (what's one more, right?). I don't have the manual & he's out of town for a few weeks. Did a google search, searched the Honda website, got nothin'. Can anyone tell me what the first service should involve? I'm pretty sure there are no oil filters. Just do the regular oil change, air filter clean, grease & lube stuff the dealer for sure didn't do....? Never tinkered with a brand new thumper before.

And after about 4 hrs, is it premature?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Change the oil after the first 1/2 hour and again after the first hour, then do the normal new bike stuff. Getting the initial machining scag out of the engine will help it live a longer healthier life. ;)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
sorry, put this in Thumper forum because the subheading for this forum says "...from 50's to 80's".

Changed the oil, cleaned the screen. Man, that was some funky looking crap. There was lint, and some of it was gooey. Normal?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…