want to know some info on a crf 250x

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparta4188

Jul 23, 2007
hello i'm a new member here and in the future i will probably be getting a crf250x or a crf 230. what are some easy mods i could do once i am comfortable with the bike. i am going to be getting a vapor trail tech speedometer , a air filter , and a exhaust. does anyone know what jets i should use and everything? how ofter and how do i adjust the valves. change the oil and lube the chain i have been riding quads for 6 years and a Baja 125 for almost 2. i just sold that and i am selling a motortek 125 and wolverine 350. my dad isn't real big on regular maintenance he did not do anything to the 400ex for 5 years except refill the oil i think only 3 times!! so i want to keep my bike for a while and not screw anything up.

May 10, 2007
the 230 will be less maintmence.

the 250x is much like its MX brother the 250r. it will need piston changes and valve adjustments reguarly. oil every couple rides. on every bike the air filter should be cleaned after riding if its dusty. if its not you might be able to get away every other ride.

with that said the 250x will be able to go to the track and handle it well.

the 230 will not be able to handle the track so well but it wont need so much maintmence. you change the oil not so often. check/adjust valve clearances less often. a piston will last forever. you will still need to clean the air filter but that is normal for any bike.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I suggest staying away from a 230, as they are heavy and underpowered for their size. Go for the 250x, and don't worry about modding it. Invest in some protective gear for you and the bike, radiator braces are a must. If you absolutely have to mod it, there are a few things you can do for little or no cost.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you get one, read the manual a few times. And yes the trans oil goes in there, the engine oil on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom