CRF breathing oil into airbox

Mutlie

Feb 15, 2006
I have a 2005 CRF 250 which is breathin oil into the airbox, has anybody else had this problem

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
How old is the piston/rings? Blowby can cause that.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How many hours do you have on it? The rings went south at the 15 hour mark. A loose piston can lead to catastrophic damage in the thousands. Well, if you catch it early in destroying the crank, you can get away with a 500 dollar rebuild, or less. Routine maintenance required!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Clean your air box until it's dry and unplug the sort of Y rubber hose connected to the air box and cylinder head. Blow some air in to clean it. If it still throws some oil in the airbox, time for new piston/rings (at least). This happened to me last summer. I crashed and the bike flipped badly while still running. I realized there was oil in the airbox when I cleaned the filter. I did what I proposed to you and it stayed perfectly clean afterwards. Is this something that started happening a long time ago? Or did you just realize that? How much time has elapsed since the top end has been done?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…