schcycle

Jan 12, 2005
Today monday 5/23 I went out and rode the new cross timbers area at lake draper. This new area is really something to be proud of. The parking lot is paved with parking spots made to back in to. They have troughs so that the rear wheels of a truck is lower making it very easy to load and unload bikes. They have placed sod all around so it is not dusty around the parking lot. Went and bought a year pass, good thing. THere was an officer sitting down at the end of the parking lot checking passes. He would wait till you were all unloaded and dressed then ask. If you did not have one then load it all back up. He said that they will stop being so nice and start ticketing soon. He was very nice about it but explained that all of this is to be paid for by the sales of the passes, so go and buy them. Also new work will be paid for by the revenues. When entering the trails it is one way in and one way out. It is posted very obviously what way is the right direction. The trail according to the sign is 21 miles long. The trail has some very tight spots as well as very fast open "grass track" areas. Watch these because almost every turn in the grass is an "L" turn, ran through just about every one. The trail is very fun and has much more elevation on the back side compared to the old trails. Trails do need some water so everybody pray for rain. Overall the trails are much better than I expected and will get even better as time goes on. The trails are however a great test for all the supposed suspension gurus on this site, with all of the trail bumps from being new. There is towards the end a jump that looks like a double but lacks the second part, kinda hurts to flat land it especially after letting the clickers all the way out.

Sep 19, 2004
I also went out to crosstimbers today and rode it for the first time. All I need to say say is GREAT job guys!! Someone has put alot of time into it and did a great job. :cool:

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
How do you get to the riding area? I've been to Draper several time to ride, just not sure where this new area is. Thanks for your time. Lee

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Instead of turning into the marina, keep heading South along the main road. A little further down the road, you will see the parking area on the right. Park there, get your passes checked and ride into the entrance.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Actually, the entrance to the new area is the same as that for the Crosstimbers campground. The riding area parking is to the south of the campground. Nice thing for out of towners is that the campground is available right next to the trail entrance.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Sounds good, Lorin. Greetings, Butch, by the way. Thanks for the fajitas at the Muensterfest last year. We should do that again--have the Muensterfest, I mean, although eating up all your fajitas is a good idea, too. How do I get a permit for the new Draper area? Even if I didn't go very often, I'd like to support the project.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
As far as I know, the permit can be purchased at Ajax Kawasaki, or at the Draper lake marina. We rode the area last night. I am very impressed with the trail that the club has laid out. Mucho fun, with a few suprises thrown in here and there. Some really fast stuff mixed in with tight turns, etc. The parking area is top notch, with porta-johns and trash cans all around. Very nice looking facility. I would hope to see more trail in the future, but the club has done a great job with what they have been allowed.

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Thanks for the info on the park. Sounds like it's worth a trip to try it out. Lorin I'll send you a shout when I can head up that way again.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
So you're saying that so far there's just 1 trail and it's a 21 mile loop? Is it a one way trail only?

Do you have to purchase a full years pass or do they have 1 and 3 days passes or the like?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sounds good. I was worried that this would never happen. What are the prices? Daily, yearly.

Sep 19, 2004
You can purchase a year pass for $60.00 or a one day pass for $10.00. They have two trails so far, one is 7 miles and is for bikes and quads the other is bikes only and is 21 miles.

Top Bottom