Crud Coming from the Exp Chamber

MBH

Dec 3, 2003
I'm new to 2 strokes and this may be a dumb question. Just bought a used (2001) KDX220 and noticed some tar-like 'gunk' on the swing arm, rear caliper, etc. Cleaned most of it off, went for a couple of rides, and noticed that it appears to coming from the joint between the expansion chamber and spark arrestor, from underneath the rubber collar. What's up? Do I need a better seal in the joint, is it a tuning problem, or something else? Appreciate any help here.

MBH

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's Spooge man. Spooge. Try a search in the KDX forum using the keyword : "spooge".

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
MBH - you are rich my man. Time to jet that thing.

You will find more info here than you could vere imagine - also check out C Dave's page - it has the exact jets you will need for your bike. The bikes come very rich from the factory and will leak all over the place. May be a good time to switch to a good synthetic oil as well.

Again - oil is like women - everyone likes something different. I personally run Mobil 1 MX2t at 40:1. Zero spooge - but the bike is jetted right. Any oil will do as long as your jetting is good.

Any more questions - just ask - opions are o'plenty around here.

MBH

Dec 3, 2003
Looks like it's time for me to learn about jetting. I'm running synthetic at 40:1, so that part is done. Thanks for the quick advice.

MBH

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom