CR125 Gap between expansion chamber and muffler??

Tinbox1

Sep 26, 2008
I just recently got my 2007 CR125 and at the point where the muffler connects to the expansion chamber and the rubber goes over the two parts, There seems to be a small opening that has oil there, Is this normal? or is something wrong, It seems that a small amount of oil comes out of there but Im not sure if its something wrong and if I need to worry about it because I just sprayed down my bike for the second time and I just noticed this.

Im not sure how much water may have gotten in through the small opening. So if anyone can give some suggestions as to how normal this is, I'd appreciate it.

Also, when washing I noticed that on both sides of my bike, I noticed that I could see the air filter sticking out maybe 2 mm or so, is this normal?

And another thing, :P, it seems the longer I go without starting the bike, theres more smoke at the first startup, but after a few minutes it goes back down. I went a week without starting it and the amount of smoke comming out the back was a huge amount, I mean my yard was getting filled up with smoke fast. Is this just caused by the oil seperating from the gasoline?

Last edited:

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
sounds like to me the fuel/oil ratio is rich.what are you mixing it at?I dont know about the small gap at your head pipe but it does accumulate some oil there from cold starts and such.Smoking out your nieghborhood could probaly be oil seperation.

Top Bottom