sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I took my bike out yesterday and noticed some red fuild on my stand so I started looking and finaly found an area just in front of the kick starter pivot that had crushed inwards... not toataly broke out I watched the levels and rode the rest of the day. Very tight and sandy conditions McCollough farms Gncc style
I think it may have happened the night before when I was making sure the bike was ready to go and was having a hard time (7 kicks ) to get it started it seemed that the starter was moving down alot more than normal or maybee i was kicking it like a four stroke.
I moved the starter through the range of motion and nothing seemed to reach the crush area I thing maybee I had something that had fallen down in that area and happened to get between the starter and the case.

Has anyone ever put a clutch cover on and or know the fitment say between a early 90's and my bike 98 or is it just 95-2006 only

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I've been looking into this a lot lately. Some seals and bearings look slightly different, but the right hand engine case and inner/outer clutch covers look exactly the same from 89 - 05. This is just my observation, and there could be some small difference that can not be determined from photo's and schematics. I should think that any water cooled KDX 200/220 clutch cover would fit though.

J.

*edit*

Hey, is this the part you need??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-K...7401897QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

OLHILLBILLY

Jun 29, 2006
Guy I used to ride with had a rock get caught behind the kicker lever somehow. Next time he started it, it broke his cover too. Took the cover off and I welded it up at my work, put it back on and off he went. If you can't find another cover easily, might take the one you have to a welding shop and see if they'll fix it.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I can find them on ebay for about 50 bucks shipped
I will have to take it apart and see what I want to do but I have a vw rail it pieces all over the garage

Top Bottom