Cylinder Nut vs. KIPS shaft

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Is it possible to tighten and torque the right hand forward cylinder nut without taking off the side case? I did not notice it last top end, since I had the cover off for other reasons. The KIPS shaft appears to block all reasonable access to this nut. Has anyone managed to reinstall the cylinder & torque this nut with the side cover in place? What's your secret?

ps. Yes, I have the motion pro torque wrench tool but the KIPS shaft restricts its movement.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
Angled wrench

Use an angle box wrench and you can get right to it. I asked the same question at the KAWASAKI dealership and they said that is the way they have to do it. They also do it with an educated guess for the tourque. Before you tighten that nut tourque the other three down then check the amount of pressure you have one of the 3 nuts with your angle wrench and try to apply the same pressure you just felt to the final nut. Worked great for me.
Good Luck, Obie ;)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Thanks. The method I've used up to now has been to use the top end job as an opportunity to remove the side cover for an inspection.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom