Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Tomorrow is Father's Day, I could ramble for hours about mine.
I not going to, but I do want to say a couple of things.

My Dad is the greatest man I have ever known, not because of what he is, but because of who he is. When I was younger, just starting my adult life, I thought " I want to do more, have more, be more for my kids than I had" I wanted to be able to give my family more than my Dad was able to give his family.

Now, I have realized, and more every day, That I can never be the success that my father is. He's my father, my buddy, my hero.

Thanks Pop, I Love You.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I lost my dad to cancer about 5 years ago. Fathers day still holds a very special meaning for me. In my younger days we had periods when we did not see eye to eye on things but I got much closer to him the last 10 years and I owe much of what I am to him. He was the greatest man I have ever known and I wish it had not taken me so long to see that. Fathers day for me is a day when I think back on all the good memories I have and it makes me smile. :) Those of you that still have your fathers should take advantage of this day and let them know how much you appreciate them because they aren't around forever. :D

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I am thankful that my Dad (and Mom, sis, nephews..) are spending the Father's Day Weekend here with me. My Dad is a truly great man in my eyes. He always took the time to teach me how to take care of myself and was always the kind of parent that totally got into and supported whatever I got myself into (sports, projects, job endeavors, etc..).

I really love him a lot. And I know he loves me.

Senior KX Rider - you are right on the money and I will continue to appreciate my Dad, spend more good times with him, and tell him I love him every opportunity I get. This is an extra special weekend because not only is it Father's Day on Sunday, but its Dad's 67th birthday on Monday. Double celebration!!

Happy Father's Day everyone.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
My dad is also very good to me. Helps me when I don't under stand things talks to me when im sad/mad. He know that I can learn any thing that I want to. He knows that if its not interesting to me (like dosent have to do with cars, motorcycles, or girls) I proly wont learn about it. He realy understands me. Its kind of scary lol. It would be odd for him not be around. Fell sad for the people that dont have or hate there dad. Like my best friend HATES his blood father with a passion ive never seen befor. Yet he LOVES his step father with a great passion. I guess its realy whos your father not who gave you life that fathers day exists for.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Since I have been dis-owned by my parents over a stupid, trivial thing which I won't get into here, the only good thing about fathers day for me will be spending it with my kids.

I hope I never act as stupid towards my children!

Happy dads day to all the fathers out there that have stood by your kids through thick and thin, good and bad.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
take advantage of the time you have with him. my dad died 19 years ago at age 51. he never met my wife. he never got to see my kids. he never got to see me race mx. we never finished all our "big plans".

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by MONKEYMOUSE
I guess its realy whos your father not who gave you life that fathers day exists for.
You're right. Well put Monkey. Hat's off to ya.

Mike

JUSTRIDE415

~SPONSOR~
Oct 26, 2001
my dad is awesome he urned 40 saturday and loves to ride with me.the "old" guy takes **** from all of us plays around with me and tells me when to get off my ass and work:) i love that old *******

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by JUSTRIDE415
my dad is awesome he urned 40 saturday and loves to ride with me.the "old" guy takes **** from all of us plays around with me and tells me when to get off my ass and work:) i love that old *******
Wow, why don't we just take this whole nice thread and flush it down the toilet? :|

We don't need the profanity around here.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Nuked? No problem. I don't mind if mine got nuked alsong as the other got Nuked as well.

Thanks mods! :) :)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
????

how did we go from such a warm and fuzzy thread to nuking????

my wife and I have had lots of talk about getting new jobs and moving, but I must say that wanting to stay relatively close to parents has held us back. Doesn't mean we won't move, but just not half way across the country.

You only get one set of parents, that's for sure (unless you count the in-laws) :p

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I don't get it. What could a parent "dis-own" you guys about?? Did you take up a life of crime and murder people?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
My dad never actually disowned me, my mum did, but she controls the situation so he might have well had! the reason was myh choice of wife! my mother never liked my wife (then girlfriend) and came to my wedding and nearly destroyed the whole thing. the funniest thing is that i get the blame for all of the bad feeling. but i dont feel to bad, other members of my family that decided to keep in touch with me have been disowned also.

sorry to be so depressing, but you did ask!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Man that's tough! I doubt your wife could be that bad.. Your Mom (Mum) must have something else against her...

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
no she is not! the main problem is power and control, i was told not to do something and i disobeyed and that is where the problem stems from. its just one of those things that get out of control over a stupid thing called pride

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can patch things up.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I've just discovered the "Fatherhood" I never thought I'd have from my GF's 2 kids. On Monday they gave me cards they had made - almost Father's Day for their almost father - can't describe how loved that made me feel.

bclapham and ktmboy - me too, mine died before we could reconcile, still regret that.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thanks kiwi, that is my big concern, but unless i get rid of mrs bruce there is no way i will be allowed back. it really stings, since i have done quite well for myself, but i do believe that somewhere in their minds they are proud of what i have achieved so far

sincerly

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Bruce--sorry to here we're in the same boat. Yeh, it's a control issue all right. My folks have always had to have things on their terms or they break relationship with people. I never got to know my grandfather on my moms' side because they were mad at him for years! I never understood when I was a kid why this neighbor was a jerk, or that Aunt and Uncle were crazy!
I've got cousins I don't know because we had nothing to do with family when I was growing up.
Kiwi, I understand what you're saying, but after years of mental abuse, if there's going to be a reconciliation it'll be on my terms for once. Am I bitter? Probably. But I refuse to allow them to hold me hostage anymore because I can't live up to their expectations of me.
The saddest part of all is that my three kids are the only grandkids they have. I never said anything to my kids to paint their Grandparents in a bad way. All I had to do was show them the letter I got in the mail saying they dis-owned me because I wasn't able to attand my grandmothers funeral, and I wasn't there for them. ( I called several days before to explain my situation about why I could not attend.) The kids knew the situation, and they decided on their own that poppa and gramma were being doo-doo heads.
I still encourage my kids to write back whenever Gramma writes, or sends a card--I won't be petty about this.
I just hope they can grow up a little before they die! :|

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Ouch! :(

i know the feeling, i dont know how many times ive thought that the next family reunion will be at a funeral. it really sucks, they have a wonderful daughter in law, but they have nothing but hate for her. oneday, they might have grand kids too. on a similar note, i got an email from an uncle i have never met the other day, i only found out he existed when i was 18...guess what, he disobeyed my mother and that was it. but the real knife turner, was when he said he still see's my dad from time to time, i am still waiting for a call but i understand why he doesnt contact me.

to all of the other guys on this thread, sorry to put such a depressing note on it, i would hope talking about it would help me feel better, but it just makes me angry. :|

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
All I can say is I'm very thankful that my parents aren't dis-owning anyone. I really feel bad for you guys. My kids are great and when my parents come down, they always have fun with them. We do have the crazies in our extended family but we just have learned to deal with them over the years. I really hope your parents can ease up and let bygones be bygones.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom