Feb 25, 2001
Its a 2001 cr 125. I change the gear oil after every race and or after every 2 practice sessions. The gear oil used is Wal-mart brand 20W-50 motor oil. When I had drained the oil it came out and looked in the pan to be a very dark green color. Same color of golden spectro 2-stroke oil. What gives ? I checked the consitency on my fingers and palm to make sure it wasent thinned out. I had warmed up the motor for atleast 3 minutes before changing the oil and it seemed to have a good protection consistency. So is this dark green color made by dirty parts, water in oil, anti freeze. I checked the anti-freeze level and it stays preety normal every month or so I have to add maybe 2 ounces but thats most likely from running it really hot and hard in the sand races that I do. The oil is a light syrupy color when new just like any normal motor oil. I think this is the first time its been this color I could be wrong though. I beleive its usually a dark to medium gray color. When I had used ATF-type F it was a dark red color when used. (red when new ) any help would be great.:eek:

Feb 25, 2001
Spanky it had just scared me seing that it was dark green...all I could think about was that a seal had started to leak antifreeze. But I guess its alright seing that the consistency is still good .

Top Bottom