Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
Here is my morning story....

I awaken to dark clouds Saturday morning at 6:40 AM. I call my father and to my suprise he is actually up and moving. Well I asked him if we were still going to go riding. He said "sure! as long as you don't mind a repeat of Patuxent"
What he means is that about 4 months ago I went riding at a local spot called patuxent (which is now closed) anyways it had been raining the day before and during the drive there. Well we went anyways knowing that patuxent is a low lying area and even during a drought water still collects. Well we went anyways and I got drenched. The bike sucked in water from just about every place possible. I found water all in the float bowl. Well the bike was okay after flushing the carb and the bottom end for good measure even though no water was found down there. During that ride I stopped every 30 mins to pull my boot's off so I could dump the water out. There was a nice 3 foot deep crossing in the middle of a sandy motocross track go figure. Back to the original story now... I sat in bed until 7:30 wondering if it was going to rain or not. I watched the weather channel and i saw that the rain would cut our ride in half and the riding spot would be horrible. So I called my father and told him go back to bed because I was not going to ride in a huge mess as well as other things. Well I sat round my house browsing Dirtrider.net and ThumperTalk all day and then the sun conviently came out so I turned on the weather channel to see whom I would be swearing at for the rest of my day. Right when I turned the TV on there local radar feature came up and showed the rain had already passed!!!! However i went outside and not a drop was found on our truck! I was furious but it was too late to do anything so I let it slide and figured today would be better... not so. It's cloudy out and rain looks to be on it's way any moment. Hopefully some good thunderstorms are on the way as well. I love watching them.
Anyone else have something similar happen to them?
anyone else like dancin in the middle of a thunderstorm scaring your mother and sister? ;)
I guess my ranting is over, sorry for the length.
Adrenaline

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
same thing happened to me except it was wind/dust instead of rain.

yes i do like the rain/thunderstorms, and before we moved out here i camped out in my treehouse in the middle of a VERY violent thunderstorm, thing is i was afraid of getting hit by litening on my way to the house, go figure!:eek:

Top Bottom