Decided on a "Rider" hop-up upgrade :)

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Well,

Being the bling and parts junky that I am, I was sitting there in the Kitchen area at work looking thru a Chaparral catalog while I was waiting for the microwave to finish with my leftovers.

I was looking over upper and lower billet triple clamps, and a buddy comes in and sees me checking out new parts. I have this rep at the office now for being a new parts junkie...

He kind of chuckles at me and makes a comment like "That won't make you go any faster, just ride more and work on your technique, that'll make you faster than spending a grand on parts"

Of course I acknowledged he was right and blamed it all on my obsessive need to have the "good stuff" To which he replied, "Then get a set of killer knee braces! Then at least you'll protect your ability to ride the thing!"

We both laughed, but after he had gone, I realized there was alot of wisdom in that statement. Last time out, I still had the vivid memory of my outstretched foot striking a rock which sent a shockwave thru my leg and locked up my knee momentarily... If the rock hadn't been loose and kicked aside I'm thinking maybe I could have hyperextended my knee completely! and what good is a trick ride when you're laid up in the hospital with a destroyed knee!

So I went down to my local dirtbike parts place and picked up a pair of Asterisk Cells... I've just been messing with them and adjusting them to fit. Lots of ability to customize the fit with these things, and I like the way they are constructed, they feel very solid and yet are light weight-wise...

And to satisfy my "bling" urges :) They have a very appealing visual design as well! Too bad you have to wear them under your riding pants LoL!

I hope I never have to seriously test these things, but I have to admit, like the money I spent on my helmet, I actually feel pretty good about shelling out money for these braces... Too bad they don't come in flo-green :)

Have a good one!

Feanor

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
Great choice, they fit great and you know they look cool under your pants and boots. I only wish I had gotten mine BEFORE a knee blowout! I certainly had a sweet CR250 at the time sitting in the garage while I was in my stylish hip to ankle cast.
I urge all, get them before you need them!
Stan

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
Very good advice, I have a bunch of bikes that I enjoy riding and would hate to have an injury spoil my fun. I'll check into it too.
Thanks,

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom