decisions please help

babycleatus

Oct 19, 2004
I've sold my four wheeler and have found two KDXs near me one is a 02 200 bone stock and spotless, being sold from a dealership. the other is a 03 220 bone stock with minimal wear on it. they are both asking 3000. I've looked it up and found that they are both decent deals. cant decide which one to get. before you go off on me, i read the 3 page article on this website I still cant decide. It seems that the 220 is more of a four stroker in a two stoke bodie. this interests me, but I still want it to have a two stroke top end hit like the 200 and 125s which do you think is a better deal, more importantly which is better for a begginer? thanks much

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
while I've only ridden a 220 one time in the past I wouldn't call it a 4 stroker.At the time I was riding a piped 200 and couldn't tell the difference in the low end between the two.The 200 does rev higher and faster in my opinion.If you are going to race it the 20+ cc's will put you in the 259 class (enduro/HS races)I just bought a KDX again a few weeks ago after not riding bikes in a few years, I really didn't consider the 220 one my kdx short list, not that there anything wrong with it. The 02 that is spotless may be a better deal, one that has wear on it will need parts replacement quicker, money that I'm sure you'll want to put toward upgrades. The 01 bike I just bought that was very clean still will need sprockets,chain and a few smaller things this winter to get it up to my standards. Good luck with the bike purchace, you won't be making a mistake with whichever bike you buy.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…