Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I just wanted to give Lori loads of credit for coming out and braving the incredibly ignorant Delaware Enduro. I know alot of riders who write this event off because of the known difficultness of this event. Lori, to get on that starting line I give you credit! I know of at least ten buddies of mine who were skeptical and stayed home. :aj:

The Delaware Enduro for those unfamiliar with this event is like a double edged sword. If the east coast is in a drought the dry, hard pack clay terrian is dusty but fun to ride. This is usually not the case, though. Delaware resides at sea level and the clay like soil there has very poor drainage qualities. Any rain in weeks leading up to this event turns fun trail to slimy crud very quickly. What was being forecasted as a C and B rider friendly (false advertisement, nah...Just mother nature at work) event quickly became a survival run with only a third of the starters fininshing! To DER's credit though, they put on a stellar event even with the cards their dealt.
:ride:

Top Bottom