Delta II reed cage

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
I finally bought the Delta II reed cage. On the reed cage itself is a tab with the company name on it. I would think this goes on top, but it hits the engine. I have 2 options: install with this tab on the bottom or cut it off. Would this be upside down if I put the tab down and does this matter? Thanx Ax.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I know the tab you're talking about....can't recall for sure if it's on the top or bottom! Certainly DON'T CUT IT OFF!!! I know THAT isn't required.

I have a call in to technical support (my wife). When she checks it out and lets me know, I'll be bahhhck!

In the meantime...what does 'hit the engine' mean? What is it running into?

Maybe you're speaking of some interference INTERNAL-wise? That may well be. Mine has a touch of that. Never worried about it much. Could file the edges a tad, but it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

The Axman

Feb 17, 2002
What I meant to say was that tab hits the outside of the jug. They only way I can install the cage is with the tab on the bottom. Another strange thing, I seem to recall that a couple people on this site had to modify something to make it fit. The instructions speak about cutting a tab off the manifold. I had no problem with fit, there was no tab on my manifold (I mean the black rubber thingy that the carb mounts to).

I put it all back together last night and went for a ride up and down the street this morning. Keeping in mind I changed the pipe, silencer and reed cage all at once, all I can say is WOW.
I can now easily lift the front wheel just be cracking the throttle in third gear. Fourth was more work but after dialing in the jetting who knows?

Thanx for everything. Ax

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The tab with the label on it is on the bottom. Tech support just said so (thanks!!).

re: cutting off a tab.

That doesn't apply to the kdx.

Did you set the reeds to lo? Leave 'em on hi? If you do tractoring woods work, set them to lo. They work a whole lot more beddar. Sheesh...on a 220 you'd have a stump puller!!!!

Fun, huh??

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…