Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Any one use these? The local AutoZone sells them for like $1.50 each and I got a couple to try, but being raised on NGK's all my life their numbers are all new to me. Makes me uncomfortable.

I use NGK BR8ES and this is a W24ESR-U. I looked it up on their site and this is the correct cross reference.

Thanks

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
?????

Anyone else try them?

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I got away from NGK also, but went to Champions. I'm buying N2C (805) plugs, which are supposed to be the same as the NGK BR8 series, for less than a buck each.
I've been running them for over a year with fantastic results. I've rejetted, so I almost never foul plugs, but I can't tell any difference in power from the expensive plugs.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I used to work in a few auto stores and that doesn't mean this is true, but I have heard that NGK and Denso are owned by the same company. I was told that they eas virtually the same plug. I have never noticed the difference between the two in a car.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
A few years back, I was in a pinch for a plug (Sunday mid-afternoon) and after a few trips to a few auto stores - I picked up a few Denso plugs. I think I was on a YZ 80 back then. They worked fine - but I stick with my NGK BR8ES plug becase... well just because :) (Plus they carry the NGK's for about $1.50 at Pep Boys - 5 minutes away from my house)

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Denso also makes plugs for accel. They make aftermarket ignition parts for cars. Accel plugs also sell for about $1.50,and have simple part #'s, ngk br8es=accel #142 i think,huh. I've used both,denso and accel, in my race car, and my bike with great results.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Originally posted by NDRO :
"I'm buying N2C (805) plugs, which are supposed to be the same as the NGK BR8 series, for less than a buck each."

Actually the N2C is equivelent to a B8es.
BR8es would cross to a RN2C (818). "R" being the code letter for a resistor plug.
Sorry to pick nits. :confused:
Just FYI.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
I meant heat range, but you're right about the resistor. I don't know what Champion plug # is the resistor plug.

Not to get off the subject, but what advantage would come from running a resistor plug on a dirt bike. What interferance would I be overcoming with a resistor that would be important on my KDX?? :think

Top Bottom